March 5, 2018
PRO WATERCROSS ANNOUNCE 2018 RULE BOOK & UPDATES
Pro Watercross is proud to announce the release of the 2018 Pro Watercross International Rulebook. We would like to thank the many individuals who provided their thoughts, insights and recommendations for this year's rules. There have been a number of adjustments made to provide clarity, improve class parity and incorporate additions based on feedback and requests from the racing community. Highlights of the adjustments are listed below but please review the rule book to understand the full extent of the changes for 2018.
We look forward to seeing everyone in Panama City for round 1 of the 2018 Pro Watercross National Tour.
GENERAL TECHNICAL RULES
- Aftermarket Valve spring retainers allowed as a general maintenance item. Rule 24.6.6
- Sport class maximum sponson length changed to 60". Rule 24.9.3
- Storage, Mirrors, Handles, Gauges and Access Panels rule wording has been changed to provide clarity regarding the allowances. Rule 24.10.9
- Allowance for the Kawasaki 800SXR to have a modified or aftermarket head. Rule 25.4.4
- There have been considerable discussions around developments of the rules regarding the turbo 4 stroke engines. We will continue evaluating the performance for any needed adjustments to ensure parity in the class. At this time the limit for boost pressure on any forced air induction engine in the ski class will be limited based on engine displacement: 10psi - 901cc or larger; 12psi - 900cc or less. Rule 29.5.4
- Mechanical boost regulators are required for any turbo charged engines. The allowed models are listed in the rule book. Rule 29.5.5
- One off dome restriction eliminated from aftermarket head allowance. Rule 30.4.3
- Stator cover may be modified or aftermarket. Rule 30.4.8
RUNABOUT BOX STOCK
- Driveline and ECU allowances are now available for all skill levels / classes. Rules 34.2, 34.4