Pro Watercross listened to its racers and their families and identified interests in this race class and the exciting possibility of growing the sport with the new generation of watercraft and racers. Fun and competition will be the main objectives for the new class, but safety standards will be strictly enforced.
Key areas to note for this year's youth classes are:
- New class - Junior Spark Stock 13-15-year-old.
- Complete rules for the Junior Spark Stock class will be released soon.
- To introduce more youth to the sport and in turn grow the sport.
- Not all younger athletes are attracted to the stand-up class.
- A maximum of 10 competitors will be allowed on the line at one time.
After careful consideration and discussion there will NOT be a junior sport class - we reviewed all the safety aspects of the class and felt that it did not meet the criteria for youth participation.
Pro Watercross is looking forward in identifying the next PWC race generation and "superstars". Any questions regarding the new class, contact Pro Watercross or visit the Pro Watercross website at www.ProWatercross.com